Charles E. Albertson
Chuck's practice focuses on insurance coverage counseling and litigation with an emphasis on environmental claims and the defense of alleged bad faith insurer conduct.
Prior to entering private practice, he spent ten years with the General Counsel's office of the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration, focusing on habitat protection and marine pollution issues, particularly natural resource damage claims.
Practice Emphasis & Experience
- Represented national insurer in environmental coverage actions involving mining-related pollution and radioactive contamination of municipal sewage system.
- Represents London Market in environmental coverage actions involving the Portland Harbor NPL site, environmental coverage actions and claims filed by ports in Washington and Oregon, and negotiation and settlement of complex environmental claims made by large forest products company.
Professional & Civic Involvement
- Washington State Bar Association
- King County Bar Association
- Northwest Insurance Claims Association
Articles & Presentations
- Contributor: “Insurance Bad Faith Claims in Washington,” Lorman, 2007
- Contributor: “Bad Faith Insurance Claims in Washington,” NBI, 2006
- Contributor: “Insurance Coverage Law in Washington,” NBI, 2005
- Contributor: “Good Times for Bad Faith Litigation,” WDTL, 2005
- Contributor: “Insurance Law: Third-Party Coverage in Washington,” NBI, 2005
- Contributing Author: Legal Reference Guides, Forsberg & Umlauf