Kenneth M. Roessler
Ken’s practice areas include product liability, insurance defense litigation, construction site injury defense, admiralty and maritime matters, premises liability, and municipal liability. He has a diverse and unique background in other career fields prior to entering private practice, including foreign-language intelligence collection while in the U.S. Air Force, international trade, and shipping.
He has also previously worked as a legal secretary and paralegal with other law firms, and has worked on personal injury litigation, workers’ compensation, probate & estate planning, contract disputes, construction defect cases, admiralty, products liability, premises liability defense, and environmental litigation.
Practice Emphasis & Experience
- Recognized as a "Rising Star 2011" by Super Lawyers magazine
- Recognized as a "Washington Rising Star 2010," Washington Law & Politics, Dec. 2009
- Recognized as a "Washington Rising Star 2009," Washington Law & Politics, Dec. 2008
- Representation of crane manufacturers in two different multimillion dollar product liability matters in 2008 and 2009, received defense verdict after month-long jury trial in one and won summary judgment dismissal in the other.
- Representation of haz-mat truck driver training company in personal injury jury trial in 2007, received a defense verdict after two-week long jury trial.
- Representation of motorized wheelchair manufacturer in product liability personal injury case, obtained a stipulated dismissal after a year of discovery and depositions.
- Representation of manufacturers of power tools, food processors, gas cans, motorboats, fresh produce distributors, restaurants, retailers, and other businesses from all over the world.
Professional & Civic Involvement
- Washington State Bar Association
- King County Bar Association
- Seattle University Law Review, Research and Technical Editor, 1999-2001
- Defense Research Institute
- Washington Defense Trial Lawyers
- Frequent Moot Court Judge at Seattle University Law School
Articles & Presentations
- Author: "Product Liability Standards Under the WPLA for Sellers and Manufacturers," WDTL Defense News, Fall 2008
- Presenter: "Employer Liability for Employees; Scope of Employment," CLE, November 2007
- Presenter: "Maritime Personal Injury Law; Differences Between Federal Maritime Product Liability and Washington State Product Liability Law," CLE, October 2007.
- Author: Casenote, "Seller Beware: Tort Reform is Missing in Action; Soproni, Falk, and the Entrenchment of Strict Products Liability in Washington," 24 Seattle U. L. Rev. 989 (2001).
- Author: "Exporting to the Russian Far East," The Journal of Commerce, national trade newspaper, Nov. 17, 1997.