Natalie A. Heineman
Natalie's civil litigation practice focuses on the defense of medical professionals. She represents health care providers in the defense of negligence and wrongful death claims, as well as in state board disciplinary matters. Natalie’s practice includes defending physicians, nurses, pharmacists, oral surgeons, chiropractors, therapists, dentists, and other health care specialists
Natalie previously practiced medical malpractice and nursing home defense in Boston, Massachusetts before relocating to Seattle in 2015.
Practice Emphasis & Experience
- Super Lawyers – Washington “Rising Star” 2017
- Massachusetts “Rising Star” 2014, 2015
- American Society of Authors, Composers and Publishers, 2006 National Writing Competition, 2nd Place Winner
- Clerk to the Hon. Rosalind Miller, Dorchester District Court, 2005
- Secured early resolution for pharmaceutical client in admitted liability case involving prescription misfill.
- Represented two labor and delivery nurses against claims of negligence resulting in alleged permanent cognitive impairment in infant child. Obtained defense verdict (second chair).
- Represented nursing home oral surgeon, and other health care providers, in claims negligence and violation of Consumer Protection Act. Obtained summary judgment on Consumer Protection Act violations.
- Represented insurer for chiropractic clients in action for declaratory judgment concerning insurance coverage for alleged sexual assault. Obtained summary judgment.
Professional & Civic Involvement
- Washington State Bar Association
- Washington Defense Trial Lawyers
Articles & Presentations
- Presenter: CLE Seminar “Causation: Recent Developments and Considerations for Challenging Plaintiffs Experts” (2016)
- Presenter: “Covenant Judgements in Washington State” (2016)
- Author: “Negligent Credentialing in Massachusetts: Implications of Rabelo v. Nasif,” Massachusetts Medical Society Journal (2014)
- Author: “Computer Software Derivative Works,” 8 J. High Tech. L. 235 (2008)