Nathan L. Furman
Nate’s practice focuses on insurance defense, general liability, and coverage matters. Prior to beginning his law practice, Nate was a judicial law clerk to The Honorable C.C. Bridgewater of the Washington State Court of Appeals, Division II.
Practice Emphasis & Experience
- Klotz v. Dehkhoda, 134 Wn. App. 261, 141 P.3d 67 (2006) (obtained dismissal of wrongful death lawsuit to British Columbia on forum non conveniens grounds), rev. denied, 160 Wn.2d 1014 (2007).
- Representation of general contractor in lawsuit by plaintiff utility owner after contractor struck underground utility line. Plaintiff dismissed lawsuit after hearing before UCAW's Dispute Review Panel. Client recovered attorney fees and costs.
- Representation of Washington Indian tribe and its casino enterprise in lawsuit by plaintiff, alleging negligence in over serving co-defendant who caused motor vehicle accident. Trial court granted summary judgment, finding no subject matter jurisdiction over Tribe for private personal injury lawsuit.
- Representation of motorist in lawsuit by plaintiff, an on-duty motorcycle officer, alleging motorist cut him off and caused him to dump his police motorcycle. Lawsuit settled for favorable amount after extensive discovery efforts found multiple citizen complaints about plaintiff's driving.
Professional & Civic Involvement
- Washington State Bar Association
- King County Bar Association
- Washington Defense Trial Lawyers
Articles & Presentations
- Contributing Author: Insurance Coverage in Washington and Insurance Bad Faith Claims in Washington, Forsberg & Umlauf Legal Reference Guides
- Contributing Author: Washington Motor Vehicle Accident Litigation Deskbook, Chapter 10, "Enforcement and Effect of Settlements," 2009 Supplement