Galina has specialized in insurance coverage and insurance bad faith litigation for the past two decades. Additionally, Galina represents insurers in complex coverage disputes and litigation, relating to various lines of insurance, including general liability policies, environmental pollution policies, personal and commercial auto policies, professional liability policies, excess liability policies, aviation policies, and homeowners’ policies.
Galina represents insurers in bad faith and IFCA litigation, declaratory judgment actions and contribution suits. She advises insurers throughout the country in disputes involving complex legal issues, multiple parties, and significant monetary exposure. In addition to representing insures in litigation, she advises insurers in claims handling strategies, as well as Washington claims handling requirements. Galina has authored countless coverage opinions, mediated hundreds of cases, and successfully litigated both declaratory relief and bad faith actions. Galina also assists insurers in drafting policy provisions for newly created lines of coverage.
Galina has advised clients in the formation of various corporate entities, has drafted various agreements including sales agreements and leases, and assisted in the due diligence for financing of $1 billion for a casino project. She represented leasing companies in collection matters and represented creditors in bankruptcy proceedings.
Galina is “AV” rated by Martindale-Hubbell, the highest rating obtainable, and has been recognized as a Super Lawyer in Washington since 2019, despite only commencing her Washington practice in 2015. She is licensed in Washington, California and Nevada, and has represented insurers in various jurisdictions throughout the country.
- Recognized as a "Super Lawyer" in 2019 and 2020 by Super Lawyers magazine.
- Recognized as a "Rising Star" in 2012 by Super Lawyers magazine.
- Rated AV-Preeminent by Martindale-Hubbbell
- Represented primary insurer of plumber in the largest class action litigation in Nevada history relating to installation of defective plumbing fixtures in over 50,000 homes.
- Defended insurer in bad faith suit relating to covenant judgment arising from a $150 Million verdict resulting from a catastrophic trucking accident.
- Washington State Bar Association
- King County Bar Association
- Washington Defense Trial Lawyers
- Claims and Litigation Management Alliance
- Northwest Insurance Coverage Association, President
- King County Family Court CASA
- Presenter: "Bad Faith Law in Washington and Oregon", Forsberg & Umlauf CLE, September 17, 2019
- Presenter: "What is a Good Claim File - Bad Faith in Washington", Forsberg & Umlauf CLE, June 17, 2019
- Presenter: “Hearsay, Email, Business Records and Social Media – in the Trenches!” National Business Institute Seminar, June 22, 2018
- Presenter: “Summary of 2015 Insurance Coverage Cases” Northwest Insurance Coverage Association Seminar, June 23, 2016
- Presenter: “Law of Easements: Legal Issues and Practical Considerations” Seminar January 23, 2003, January 21, 2004
- J.D., University of San Francisco School of Law 1997
- B.A., San Francisco State University, 1994, cum laude
- State of Washington
- U. S. District Court, Western District of Washington
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Washington
- State of California
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of California
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of California
- State of Nevada
- U.S. District Court, Nevada
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit
- United States Supreme Court