Micah’s practice focuses on insurance coverage, alleged bad faith claims, and defense related work in Oregon and Washington
Micah has extensive experience defending companies and individuals in personal injury, premises liability, products liability, commercial, environmental, and construction defect cases. He draws on this defense experience when assisting insurance clients with coverage issues in construction defect, commercial, and environmental claims.
- Recognized as a “Rising Star” in 2014 and 2015 by Super Lawyers magazine
- Clerk to the Hon. Rex E. Armstrong, Oregon Court of Appeals, 2008 – 2010
- Intern to the Hon. Paul J. Papak, U.S. District Court, District of Oregon, 2007
- Representation of insurers in coverage and bad faith/extra-contractual liability matters.
- Representation of subcontractors in construction defect litigation.
- Representation of product sellers, manufacturers, and distributors in product liability matters.
- Representation of businesses and individuals in premises liability and other personal injury/tort matters.
- Representation of product manufacturers and product installers in asbestos/mesothelioma litigation.
- Adjunct Professor of Law, Lewis & Clark Law School
- Oregon Association of Defense Counsel, Member
- Multnomah Bar Association, Member
- Multnomah Bar Association Young Lawyers Section, Board of Directors
- Multnomah Bar Association Equality, Diversity & Inclusion Committee
- Oregon State Bar Environmental Section, Oregon Environmental Case Notes Editor
- Oregon State Bar Association, New Lawyer Mentoring Program
- Lewis & Clark Law School, Law Student Mentor
- Washington State Bar Association
- King County Bar Association
- Washington Defense Trial Lawyers
J.D., Lewis & Clark Law School, 2008, cum laude
• Editor in chief, Lewis & Clark Law Review
• Cornelius Honor Society
B.A., Pacific Lutheran University, 2000, magna cum laude
- State of Oregon
- State of Washington
- U.S. District Court, District of Oregon
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Washington
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Washington
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit