Natalie's civil litigation practice focuses on the defense of licensed professionals and organizations including physicians, oral surgeons, chiropractors, pharmacists, hospitals, and nursing homes. Natalie also investigates and defends catastrophic injury and wrongful death claims and defends retailers in premises liability cases.
Natalie became a credentialed Certified Medicare Secondary Payer Professional in January 2022.
Natalie has successfully tried nine cases to verdict in the past eight years.
Natalie previously practiced civil litigation defense in Boston, Massachusetts before relocating to Seattle in 2015.
- Recognized as a "Super Lawyer" in 2023 by Super Lawyers magazine
- Recognized as a "Rising Star " in 2017 (Washington) and 2014 - 2015 (Massachusetts) by Super Lawyers magazine
- Suffolk University Law School Mock Trial Competition - 1st Place 2007
- Clerk to the Hon. Rosalind Miller, Dorchester District Court, 2005
- Nine medical negligence jury trials to verdict in King, Snohomish, and Thurston County over the past eight years.
- Three medical negligence jury trials to verdict in Suffolk and Middlesex Counties in Boston, Massachusetts.
- Obtained a defense verdict on behalf of a chiropractor alleged to have fractured plaintiff’s hip and torn his labrum during and independent medical examination. The jury determined the chiropractor was not negligent and the plaintiff did not have a broken hip as he contended. The trial, venued in King County Superior Court, was conducted entirely by Zoom.
- Summary judgment dismissal of apparent agency theory of liability against ambulatory surgery center for alleged negligence of neurosurgeon operating off site.
- Summary judgment dismissal of Consumer Protection Act claims asserted against numerous health care providers and/or facilities.
- Early resolution of pharmacy cases involving in alleged death or permanent injuries resulting from medication errors.
- Accident site investigation and reconstruction in multiple vehicle fatalities within 24-48 hours of accident.
- Defend oral surgeons, naturopaths, internists, nurses, etc. in Department of Health disciplinary matters.
- Washington State Bar Association
- Washington Defense Trial Lawyers – Board of Trustees (2023)
- Defense Research Institute (DRI) – Nursing Home Subcommittee
- Washington Health Care Risk Management Society
- KCBA Judicial Survey Committee
- Presenter: “Strategies for Evaluating and Defending Traumatic Brain Injury Cases”, The Gavel Claims Network Grub Club, 2023.
- Presenter: “Navigating the Medicare Secondary Payer Act” CLE, 2022, 2023.
- Presenter: “Updates in WA Medical Malpractice Law”, Washington State Association of Neurological Surgeons Annual Meeting, 2022.
- Presenter: “Nursing Home Litigation Defense in Washington State: Current Case Law and Defense Strategies” CLE, 2019.
- Presenter: “Wrongful Death Law in Washington State after 2019 Enactment of Senate Bill 5163” CLE, 2019.
- Presenter: “E-Discovery 101: An Overview of Washington Case Law” CLE, 2018.
- Presenter: “Challenging Harris v. Drake: Key Cases and Strategies for the Defense” CLE.
- Presenter: “Causation: Recent Developments and Considerations for Challenging Plaintiffs Experts” CLE, 2016, 2017.
- Presenter: “Covenant Judgements in Washington State” CLE, 2016.
- Author: “Negligent Credentialing in Massachusetts: Implications of Rabelo v. Nasif,” Massachusetts Medical Society Journal, 2014.
- Author: “Computer Software Derivative Works,” 8 J. High Tech. L. 235, 2008.
- J.D., Suffolk University Law School, 2007
- Journal of High Technology Law
- B.A., University of Arizona, Philosophy, 1999
- State of Washington
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Washington