Nicole focuses her practice on the defense of professionals, general liability matters, and coverage matters. She is experienced in handling all aspects of civil litigation involving claims of legal malpractice, medical malpractice, veterinarian malpractice, and has defended actions involving retailers against premises liability claims. She has also defended companies against violations of the Federal Fair Debt Collections Practices Act.
Nicole is also experienced in analyzing complicated coverage issues and advising insurers. She has represented insurers in the defense of first and third party claims alleging breach of contract, bad faith, and violations of Washington’s Insurance Fair Conduct Act, and the Consumer Protection Act.
- Recognized as a “Rising Star” by Super Lawyers magazine in 2022.
- Best Appellate Oralist, Willamette University College of Law, Moot Court – 2015.
- Two Consecutive Wins in National Appellate Competition, 2014 – 2015.
- Medical malpractice case against chiropractor dismissed on summary judgment for failure to proffer any qualified expert opinions to support plaintiff's claims.
- Summary judgment dismissal of professional negligence claim against dentist for treatment rendered, for failure of Plaintiff to obtain expert testimony supporting claims.
- Summary judgment dismissal of breach of contract, breach of fiduciary duty, and negligence causes of action against a freight transfer LLC by independent contractor.
- Prevailed at arbitration on counterclaims of faulty workmanship against concrete company.
- Obtained dismissal of complaint to the Washington Department of Health, without reprimand for veterinarian for complaint of inadequate care rendered to canine.
- Washington State Bar Association
- Washington Defense Trial Lawyers
- King County Bar Association
- Professional Liability Defense Federation
- Washington State Dance and Drill Judges Association
- Presenter: Greater Seattle Insurance Professionals “Examinations Under Oath”
- Presenter: Greater Seattle Insurance Professionals “Agents and Adjusters: The implications of Keodalah”
- Presenter: “Video Conferencing Depositions During COVID-19”
- Presenter: Washington Defense Trial Lawyers’ Insurance Law Update
- Author: Washington Defense Trial Lawyers’ Insurance Law Case Update 2019-2022
- Presenter: Forsberg & Umlauf Ethics and Risk Management 2021-2022
- Presenter: Professional Liability Defense Federation Annual Conference “Hot Topics in E&O and D&O coverage claims” 2022
J.D., Willamette University College of Law, 2015
- Moot Court Board Member, Vice President 2014-2015
- Willamette Law Online, 9th Circuit Writer
B.A., Central Washington University, Law & Justice, Legal Studies, cum laude, 2008
- Teaching Assistant for Dr. Charles E. Reasons, Ph.D., L.L.B 2006-2008
- State of Washington
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Washington
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Washington
- U.S. Court of Appeals, 9th Circuit