Join Our Team
Litigation Defense Attorney, General Litigation
Forsberg and Umlauf, P.S., a premier civil defense litigation law firm, is looking for an experienced civil litigation attorney in our Seattle office to defend a wide variety of interesting and complex matters. The ideal candidate will have strong research and writing skills and experience in all phases of litigation including case management, motion practice, and discovery, as well as handling hearings, depositions, arbitrations, and trials. We foster a collaborative and growth-oriented environment in which junior and mid-level attorneys are mentored by experienced Shareholders. This is an excellent opportunity for associates looking to expand their skills under the mentorship of some of the State's top civil defense attorneys.
- Work as part of team with all levels of responsibility.
- Handle all aspects of discovery, including written discovery and depositions.
- Research and draft motions and briefs.
- Handle court appearances and motions practice.
- Communicate with clients and claims professionals.
- Annual billable hours requirement: 1,850.
- License to practice law in Washington State and Federal courts preferred.
- 3-5+ years of litigation experience required
- Ability to work creatively to and develop innovative legal strategies.
- Strong research and writing skills.
- Fully subsidized medical, dental, and vision benefits
- HSA and 401k with generous employer matching programs
- Profit sharing program
- Life/AD&D insurance, short- and long-term disability insurance, and long-term care insurance
- Flexible PTO plus 11 paid holidays
- Generous annual bonus program
- Paid parental leave
- Commuter benefits
Salary range for this position will be $90,000 - $110,000 annually, depending on experience. We also provide a generous benefits package. Applicants should send a resume, cover letter, and a writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration. All prospective employees will be required to provide proof of Covid-19 vaccination as part of the onboarding process.