Jennifer is an associate experienced in coverage and bad faith litigation.
She handles complex disputes arising from homeowner appraisals and automotive and commercial policies, including both commercial property and general liability policies.
Before becoming a lawyer, she spent a decade first as an adjuster, then a claims supervisor specializing in auto coverage liability/defense and concomitant first-party bad faith matters. For the first two years of law school, she remained working full time as a claims supervisor. Her perspective adjusting, resolving and managing claims for an insurance company has helped make her the efficient, pragmatic and wily insurance attorney she is today. Jen has the distinction of surely being one of the newest attorneys ever to be voted a Rising Star and Outstanding Young Lawyer (out of law school just two years).
- Earned various insurance designations including the CPCU, AIC, ARM, and AIM
- Recognized as a "Rising Star" by Super Lawyers Magazine in 2014, 2016 - 2019, and 2021 - 2022
- Rated an Outstanding Young Lawyer by Seattle Metropolitan Magazine in 2014
- Prevailed on a motion to dismiss in U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Washington, on the issue of plaintiff’s failure to state a claim. The court affirmed no cause of action for breach of fiduciary duty, and has a good discussion on causation and damages for CPA, negligence and bad faith.
- Successfully argued motion for summary judgment in Kitsap County Superior Court, limiting the plaintiffs' contractual damages.
- Successfully defended mandatory arbitration case on liability to defense verdict.
- Successfully defended mandatory arbitration cases on liability to zero damages.
- Successfully argued motion for summary judgment in Pierce County Superior Court on issue of diminished value; decision upheld by Court of Appeals Division II.
- Washington State Bar Association
- Washington Defense Trial Lawyers
Presenter: "Bad Faith Case Law Update", WDTL Annual Presentation, 2017
J.D., Seattle University School of Law, 2012
- Alpha Delta Phi
B.B.A. Gonzaga University, 1999
State of Washington
United States District Court, Western District Washington
United States District Court, Eastern District of Washington