Amanda N. Buchan
Amanda is an associate at Forsberg & Umlauf, P.S. Her practice is focused on civil litigation of personal injury, premises liability, and insurance coverage matters.
Amanda joined the firm as a clerk in 2012, while she was still in law school. Prior to her clerkship at Forsberg & Umlauf, Amanda worked in the Office of the General Counsel for U.S. Health and Human Services, Division 10, where she focused on employment discrimination matters. Amanda has experience defending public entities, private entities, individuals, and tribes.
Practice Emphasis & Experience
- CALI Award for Excellence in Legal Writing (2010)
- Cheney-Metzger Legal Writing Competition Finalist
- Treasurer for Seattle University School of Law Section of ACLU (2011-2012)
- Obtained summary judgment dismissal of insurance company in an underinsured motorist claim involving serious head injury.
- Obtained voluntary dismissal of client building manager after submitting a summary judgment motion outlining how building manager could not be the principal of janitor who allegedly created a dangerous condition.
- Assisted in obtaining dismissal of employer of a decedent who was shot and killed in his workplace. The Court granted summary judgment based on the employee immunity doctrine and successful defense of the claim that the shooter was an agent of the employer.
- EEOC Administrative Law Judge granted a dismissal of an employment discrimination matter for U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Division 10.
Professional & Civic Involvement
- Washington State Bar Association
- Washington Defense Trial Lawyers